Monday, October 15, 2012

My humble correction....

Did you ever think you were better than you really are?  That's what happened to me yesterday.   I felt SO GOOD that I was back in the running game and that I ran 5 miles - without stopping - that I forgot all that I had accomplished and then let go of.

My race time yesterday was not a PR.  It wasn't even close.  That number above - 49:13 - that's it.  That was December of last year.  Ten months later - on a course that I'm pretty sure was easier than the holiday run - I ran slower. 

That's what happens when you get complacent.  When you question where you want to go.  I let go of running this summer.  Not completely - but just about.  I stopped my long runs and barely got in the short ones.  I wasn't sure it was for me.  I didn't think I was enjoying it the way all other runners seem to.

If you ask me if I like running - I generally say not really - what I love is the sense of accomplishment I get from it.  Well.....when I'm running slower now than I was almost a year ago - where's the accomplishment? 

Don't get me wrong - I'm not giving up.  I'm fired up.  I WANT to get better, faster - LEANER. 

This was just the kick in the arse I needed. 

BRING IT!

2 comments:

  1. I totally get this, I got very very behind on my running and my time really slowed up but I know now that I want to get back into things and make it better!

    ReplyDelete