Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My day of rest

I had every intention of doing some strength training tonight (while watching the biggest loser of course!) but I am not feeling well so it is officially a day of rest for me. I'll need to be sure that in addition to running I find the time to make up for it tomorrow. I did manage to once again get in my 7 servings of fruits and vegetables today! YAY ME!! (maybe that's why I'm not feeling well - my body has gone into shock!)

I decided what my first half marathon is going to be and I am VERY excited about it. The More Magazine's (women's only) half marathon takes place in Central Park on April 15th. Registration for this opens up on January 9th and I have marked my calendar!

I found a doable training program for me - with a little time to spare to be sure I'm ready. Anybody else doing this? Anybody else preparing for their FIRST half marathon? I'd love to compare notes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Jill from "Run With Jill" - can you please email me your email and snail mail address for the blog gift exchange? I will need that for your blog exchange buddy :). Just respond to this message, it will take you to my email, or here it is in case you have some problems: runlikeagirljp@gmail.com
    THANKS!!!

    I think it'd be a blast to run a half in NY!! I think it'd be a great first for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not training for my first half - but it is so exciting that you are! Such a great goal, and a sense of accomplishment when you reach it!

    Thanks for the follow on my blog, I look forward to reading about your training!

    ReplyDelete