I decided to jump on the Friday Five band wagon. While I was out getting in my 3+ miles this morning - the following was running through my mind. Things that really
1. First and foremost - the drivers that don't slow down when they pass me. Seriously....for a good part of my run there's a path -but for about 1 mile (of my 2.5 loop) I'm on the road. NOT a busy "yellow lined" street - but a back road that is very commonly used by runners. It bugs the heck out of me that people fly by me.
2. As I mentioned - a good portion of my run is on a path. I will glady share "my" running path with fellow runners and walkers. What I don't want to share is their dog's crap all over the path. Courtesy goes a long way - pick it up people!
3. Chafing. Need I say more? Not the first time I've mentioned this and I've been really working hard to deal with this problem. Just when I think I've come up with a solution - it rears its ugly head!
4. The fact that several times -when I'm out there panting away - my "former" (former because she's too busy to find the time) running partner will drive by me - slow down - make some catty remark and then keep going. (probably on her way to the diner for her next meal) Ok -that wasn't very nice of me - but I would like the company. It's a lot easier to push yourself for that next mile when you've got somebody pushing with you!
5. The fact that my kids think nothing of expecting me to pause my treadmill to get them a snack. I don't know about you- but running inside with my kids home NEVER goes as I expect it to. I am constantly jumping on and off the TM.
This post is what I would put into the "why running is therapeutic" category. So much time with your own mind to go over what "ails" you. What do you think about when you run?