Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hope Endures.....

Many of you have heard about the Hope Endures Virtual 5K and I hope even more choose to participate.

As I've mentioned in previous posts - I ran yesterday. I ran for Courtney, her daughter Ashyln shining down on us and for hope.

Running means different things to different people. I like the sense of community that I feel when I am on the road, yet the total awareness of how much this is an individual sport. Running for me is about reflection, almost a form of meditation. In a sense, it completes me and keeps me sane - which is why running the Hope Endures Virtual 5k was something I knew I wanted to do.

I am grateful that Courtney shares this journey with all of us. For giving us this opportunity to run in her daughter's honor and make sure we remember that each day, life is about putting one foot in front of the other and being the most complete person we can be. For reminding us that it's not always easy - and that what we think may be hard is nothing in comparison to what others may be dealing with.

Courtney - you are a wonderful mother and an example of incredible strength. I am humbled...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for that post it means so much to me! I am humbled by the awesome support the running/blogging community has given me. It means the world and I cant thank you all enough for running this run with me.

    ReplyDelete